Why nitrous oxide is the best form of sedation for busy professionals with mild to moderate dental anxiety
Are you a little fearful of the dentist? But super busy and want dental sedation? Nitrous oxide gas wears off during your lunch hour? And afterwards you will not return to work with a hangover or headache?
Nitrous Laughing Gas Wears Off So Fast You can Drive Within Minutes
The last thing you want to do is avoid the dentist because of fear and anxiety. Dental laughing gas aka nitrous oxide is just the thing for you.
Get Over Your Fear of the Dentist During Lunch Hour
Decayed, crooked, damaged, discolored and mal-aligned teeth can be the reason of loss of confidence at work or school. Small children can be mocked at school for blackish decayed teeth and they lose their spark right at the beginning of their school days. Children and busy professionals who feel mild to moderate fear and discomfort while going to the dental clinics for dental treatment are the candidates for the so called “laughing gas anesthesia.”
What is Nitrous Oxide Dental Gas Analgesia?
Nitrous oxide sedation dentistry reduces feeling of anxiety, stress, discomfort and fear among small children and busy professionals. Dental and oral care under nitrous oxide sedation helps in enhancing their confidence. Nitrous oxide conscious sedation provides effective communication among dental patients and dental health care providers and ensures pain free dental treatments. Nitrous oxide sedation is safest and most frequently applied mode of sedating busy businessmen, university teachers, post graduate scholars, marketing managers and small children in dental clinics.
Is Nitrous Oxide gas used alone in dental sedation?
Nitrous oxide is used in combination with Oxygen in specially designed equipment for providing inhalation sedation.
Is Nitrous Oxide sedation considered safe and reliable in dentistry?
Nitrous oxide is used in combination with oxygen which makes it extremely safe for use in dentistry. It is highly reliable for achieving sedation effect for performing anxiety free dental surgeries on patients who are mild to moderately nervous. The combination is inhaled through a special mask fitted over your nose. The mask is connected to the inhalation sedation equipment cylinders.
Advantages of Nitrous Oxide Sedation:
- Easy to perform,
- Does not need the use of needles as in IV sedation,
- Reduction of anxiety, stress and discomfort,
- Reduces unwanted movements or responses of patients towards dental instruments especially in small children for their own safety,
- Patients cooperate to their dental treatment provider under dental sedation effect,
- Nitrous oxide sedation increases threshold for pain reducing anxiety and distress,
- Increased tolerance for longer dental appointments among children and adults,
- Sedation is achieved in quick time and wears off within a few minutes saving time of busy professionals,
- You can go back to your office within an hour and work as efficiently as before,
- Especially beneficial for treating pediatric and mentally disabled patients requiring special care and precautions in the dental chair,
- Provides comfort in patients with problem of gagging.
How much time does it take for nitrous oxide sedation to wear off?
As soon as you inhale the gas, its effect starts immediately. Similarly, you recover within seconds after you stop inhaling it.
Nitrous oxide sedation is especially beneficial owing to the fact that this is the only form of dental sedation which allows you to drive home without any dizziness or drowsiness. You can drive to your work place or business plaza without being escorted back home for taking rest or your day off. You can attend your business meeting or give presentation to your clients.