Full IV Sedation Dentist practice Burtonsville Silver Spring near Columbia Maryland
Dr. Adams has been a practicing IV sedation dentistry for the comfort of his patients for years. “I have great compassion for patients who avoid the dentist because of extreme fear or other extreme obstacles…people give up on their teeth and reach the point of despair, depression and panic and dental doom…I enjoy helping them get their mouth, teeth and lives back in one easy IV sedation dentist appointment.”
If you are searching for a full sedation dentist practice that does regular dental work such as fillings, crowns, tmj as well as complex work such as implants, wisdom teeth removal, you have found us. We do full sedation dentistry where you can sleep through your dental work with IV sedative drugs. It is quick, does not take to long and does not hurt too much and you are asleep.
IV Sedation Dentist Is the best choice for people who:
- have a high level of anxiety or fear of the dentist
- People who need to get lots of dental work done
- Severe gag box.
- Patients who have difficulty getting numb
- If you lose sleep the night before a dental appointment or if avoid the dentists for a period of years, cancel dental appointments because you dread the visit – Then IV Sedation is best for you
How does IV Sedation Work?
The IV sedation dentist will first take your vital signs to be sure you are a good candidate for full sedation dentistry. Then we will do an examination of all you dental needs, form a treatment plan and discuss the sedation options and fees. Finally we will schedule your IV sedation dentist appointment.
You cannot Drive After Sedation Appointment for 24 hours
You will need to bring a driver who will care for you after your IV sedation dentist appointment.
On the day of your IV sedation dentist visit, Dr. Adams will first verify that you did not eat or drink for the prior 8 hours. Then, Dr. Adams will administer nitrous oxide laughing gas and insert the IV. Once the IV is inserted, a combination of Midazolam, Fentanyl and Triazolam for the IV sedation. The drugs are typically used in small amounts till the desired amount of sedation is accomplished. Once you are comfortable and sedated, we monitor your vital signs continuously and complete all your dental work.
Intravenous Sedation Recovery
Once all your dental work is complete, we will wake you up and place you into recovery. The sedative drugs we use wear off very quickly, Recovery usually lasts approximately 30 minutes. Your driver and caregiver will drive you home and look out for you. You are not allowed to drive for 24 hours. You are also not permitted to make any legal decisions for 24 hours.
We will have you pick up any prescription medications before your IV sedation appointment. Most patients heal very well after sedation and dental anesthesia. On occasion, people may get nauseous after sedation, so we can additionally prescribe an anti-nausea medication.
Why IV sedation dentistry is the best dental sedation for dental phobia
Dental and oral health conditions have been deteriorating around the globe. Dental health care providers are now focusing on oral health education for spreading awareness among people to take dental treatments seriously. However, dental phobia has been now considered among the major risk factors for tooth decay leading to removal of diseased teeth individually. People avoid visiting the dental office at an early stage of dental decay where prevention can be successful in majority of cases.
Conscious sedation has enabled a large number of dentists in persuading individuals to opt for dental treatment procedures. This innovative technique reduces fear, provides relaxation and comfort during dental treatment procedures in the dental chair. People no longer anxiety and stress caused by loud noisy dental drills, bad smell of dental materials, sharp instruments and needle pricks.
Dental conscious sedation can be provided with three different methods:
Which type of dental sedation is considered most effective among all types?
IV sedation has been considered to be the most effective type of dental sedation for providing comfort and relief to dental phobic patients visiting the dental office for extensive dental treatments.
What usually happens during Intravenous sedation dentistry?
During moderate IV sedation you will feel somewhat drowsy, can respond to only purposeful verbal commands and sensations of strong touch. When your dentist decides to go for deep IV sedation response will reduce to repeated verbal commands and painful sensations only. You will only remember a few parts of dental treatment procedures performed in your mouth.
Why IV sedation dentistry is preferred over other modes of Dental sedation?
- Provides sedation effect within very quick time period,
- Provides moderate to deep sedation necessary for dental surgeries,
- Adequate degree of effectiveness as the sedative drugs directly enter the bloodstream and provide immediate desired result
- Your dentist will be totally in control and can customize the level of relaxation during the whole treatment procedure,
- Provides most powerful dental sedative effect i.e. moderate to deep sedation as required after assessment,
- Multiple dental treatment procedures can be safely and comfortably performed within a single appointment,
- Dose of IV sedative can also be altered or increased at anytime during the dental surgeries whenever dental surgeon decides to do so for better treatment outcomes,
- IV sedation also provides amnesic effect due to which you will not remember or feel anything bad regarding the dental surgical procedures after completion of appointment. This amnesic effect will help in eliminating your fear for dental treatments, dental instruments, clinic environment and needle pricks,
- IV sedatives are most appropriate for providing relaxation during long span dental appointments.
What is sleep dentistry?
IV dental sedation can provide moderate to deep sedation for extensive dental surgeries where multiple dental treatments are performed in a single visit. You will feel almost sleepy, calm and relaxed during the whole time. You will not remember anything disturbing afterwards.
Call us today or send us a message to schedule your IV sedation consult with Dr. Adams