Dental Implant Center in Burtonsville Maryland
Maryland Sedation Dentistry offers sedation for replacement of teeth with dental implants. We have a full range of implant services for a single teeth up to complete mouth of implants. We offer full dental sedation as well as twilight anesthesia when necessary. It is not necessary to be put to sleep for implants. It is also possible to use only local anesthesia. It really just depends on the comfort level and anxiety of the patient.
We are a full service dental implant center
Our dental implant center is located in Burtonsville near Silver Spring and Columbia Maryland. Tooth implants are a wonderful option for permanent replacement of teeth. We perform implant surgery for single teeth implants and complex full mouth dental implants. Oral surgery procedures are scary and cause anxiety. Research shows people under sedation experience comfort, calmness and have far less pain and swelling after implant surgery. We are one of a few dentists who sedate in the Maryland, DC and Virginia metro area. There are a few different sedation options: full sedation, twilight and dental NO2 gas can be used. The best kind of dental sedation depends on the complexity of the implant case and how anxious the person is about getting implants.
Meet Dr. Adams
Dr. Adams has placed thousands of implants under IV sedation. “my goal is to perform your implant procedure under sedation quickly, carefully and safely with as little trauma as possible while you sleep comfortably through the procedure. You will wake up and it will all be done.” People remain calm during sedation and usually have very minimal pain or swelling afterwards.
Individual Teeth Implants
Single implants is to replace a single tooth. The result is a tooth that performs comparably to a lost tooth.Implants do not connect to other teeth like bridges. Hygiene is very similar with regular brushing and flossing. No special brushes. And no removable teeth.
Full Mouth Dental Implant
All on 4 is the most practical way to permanently replace a full upper or lower set of teeth with implants.
Full Mouth Permanent Implants
You can replace all your teeth with a full mouth of dental implants.
Sedation Options for Implant Dentistry
- Full Sedation / IV sedative or IV sedation dentist
- Oral Sedation dentist, dental sedatives such as diazepam, halcion, etc.
- N02 Twilight sedation, aka Laughing gas sedation
Dr. Adams will evaluate your case, your level of anxiety, your medical history and use the level of sedation that is best for you.
Dental Services Available Under Sedation:
- Metal Free Zirconia Dental Implant Sedation
- Conventional Titanium Implants
- Bone grafting surgery
- Permanent implant bridges aka All on 4 Dental Implants
- Platelet Rich Fibrin aka PRF for dental implants
- Tooth removal and oral surgeon services
- Implant dentures and implant bridges
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- Decreased anxiety as the patient remains calm and comfortable throughout the surgery
- Patients who are more relaxed during a procedure experience less pain
- Implant surgery with sedation leads to less stress for the dentist. The implant specialist can focus better and work more quickly and effectively with a calm patient.
- Sleep sedation allows for longer procedures where more work can be done. Procedures that may take several appointments can be done in one visit under intravenous sedation.
- Sleep dentistry can allow for several teeth to be removed, bone grafting and several implant placements all in one visit.
- Sedated patients can get procedures done more quickly with less pain after the procedure and in many cases get a better result.